Senior centers serve as a gateway to the nation’s aging network—connecting older adults to vital community services that can help them stay healthy and independent.
More than 60% of senior centers are designated focal points for delivery of OAA services—allowing older adults to access multiple services in one place.
Senior centers offer a wide variety of programs and services, including:
- Meal and nutrition programs
- Information and assistance
- Health, fitness, and wellness programs
- Transportation services
- Public benefits counseling
- Volunteer and civic engagement opportunities
- Social and recreational activities
- Educational and arts programs
In a recent satisfaction survey, 96% of seniors reported that they would recommend the senior center to a friend or family member and 90% feel that the senior center has had a positive effect on their life.